Friday, March 29, 2013

Gifting You Roses

Image origin unknown

I have twelve in my hand, yellow and tight.
On long stems, green and wildly thorned.
I have captured the sun
and cast the warm glow of its light on memories
and truths and tomorrows.
Gratitude might be the answer to all of our questions.
I am grateful.
Do you know this day?
Do you know it, truly?
We cannot repeat miracles.  What arrives,
arrives only once.
Do you see these petals?
Each is a never again, and I’m thankful for the opportunity
to trace the silken thread of their veins.
How can we not but look upon each as a miracle?
Yes, gratitude must be the answer to all our questions.
Today, I have put my nose against
the window pane aside your front door.
I am carrying twelve yellow roses
because.
Yes,

because.

© 2013-2019/Jamie K. Reaser
From "Truth and Beauty" (a work in progress)

Feel free to share

No comments:

Post a Comment