Thursday, March 28, 2013

Fawn

Ima
Photo: Jamie K. Reaser

Is any human heart
naïve to the texture of
abandonment?

Here I am snugged in
tall grasses and sunspots,

Still but for my newly-boned rib cage
and the short-bodied flowers
that play flower games in exhalations.

I could be here all day;
What joy there is in bird song,
and the tremendous leap of
shiny
green
grasshoppers,
and soil – how it smells.

I am of this place
and its daily-recounted secrets.

I ask you:

"Please don’t save me."
I am busily laying in this meadow,

saving you.


~ Jamie K. Reaser, Author
Published in "Wild Life: New and Selected Poems" 

Feel free to share

1 comment:

  1. Every time I read another one of these poems it becomes my "new favorite" .... :) So thankful that you share your gifts and talent.

    ReplyDelete