Tuesday, December 13, 2011

In the Frost Crystals













Photo: (c) R. Naylor
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/photo/msg0212443110245.html




I’ve been watching for

signs of your breath

in the frost crystals

on my morning window pane.



When the sun embodies

her robust bosom,

they melt

and so do I,



letting longing be my

own personal

burning.



The narcotic pain

of weeping

singes my

very soul.



Surely you know nothing

of this.



And, that is why I

don’t give up

this courtship

easily.



In the unrequited affair

with the wild,

with the invisible,

with the intangible



there exists the opportunity

to build the capacity

for unconditional love.



© 2011-2013/Jamie K. Reaser
Published in "Sacred Reciprocity: Courting the Beloved in Everyday Life" (www.hiraethpress.com)

2 comments:

  1. Your poetry blog is wonderfully inspiring, breathtaking actually... Speaks to this Heart. Am glad I found you! Thank you for how you *see* and express Life! Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Christine. A bow to you, and blessings...

    ReplyDelete