Thursday, December 22, 2011

Courting the Darkness

















Photo: (c) Jamie K. Reaser

I am sure that it is
the darkness that
shows us how to find
the light.

I have been with Darkness
long enough
to have come to know
its tenderness –

to feel its hand deliciously
upon the small of my
back,

leading.

Someday this dance
will be revealed,

but not too soon,
I hope.

My Beloved wanders at
the edge of moon beams
and courts me in the hip-loose
swaying of long afternoon
shadows.

Only when I am standing in
my own light
can I see Him,

and everything looks
beautiful from
here.


© 2011-2015/Jamie K. Reaser
Published in "Sacred Reciprocity: Courting the Beloved in Everyday Life" 
www.hiraethpress.com

Feel free to share

4 comments:

  1. Lovely... So true... It seems the tenderness of "Darkness" (our shadows) often 'gives birth' to light, allowing us to see and experience "The Beloved" more clearly, more completely...

    I noticed your book link isn't linked... How can one find your book?

    Enjoy the dance :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mystic. This poem will be part of a collection to be released in 2012. The most recently published collection is called, "Note to Self: Poems for Changing the World from the Inside Out" and can be obtained through Hiraeth Press (www.hiraethpress.com) or on Amazon.com.

    Wishing you the magic of the season...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you - for your note and your presence here. _/\_

      Delete