Sunday, August 10, 2014

Full Moon















Photo: (c) Jamie K. Reaser


If you are a sensitive soul,
your body is speaking now. Audible
memories rising. Dusk
descending from the mountain,
asking for the quiet
that comes after you’ve let

it all go, however you do that.

No beauty demands an audience, nor
needs to: Nature has well-

organized witnesses.

How many are awaiting her, and what will they
think of this world when she arrives? Is this about faith?
Is it a prayer? If so, what are we praying for tonight? It

could be about peace, as long as the parishioners realize that
peace is not a passive thing. I can’t pray for that, 
it would be like praying for nothingness
and I want the world to be full.

Two hours more,
while the bright green katydids rub themselves into song and
the screech owl worries the dogs with its tremolo.
I’ll wait, if I can, to make my offerings of gratitude:
I’ll look up as I’ve done for lifetimes and
be thankful for each month’s opportunity

to become human again.



© 2014-2018/Jamie K. Reaser
From "Coming Home: Learning to Actively Love this World" 
Published by Talking Waters Press

Feel free to share

2 comments:

  1. Your poems break open the shells of my self, gifting me with the realization that they do contain me and protect me, even if it is from the feelings of just too much love. Thank you for your kindness, Jamie... for being who you are. I just go with my crying as long as it flows, my face skewed up crying like a baby. Namaste, Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna - thank you for your words, your presence, and your kinship. Deep blessings...

      Delete