Saturday, January 7, 2012

Departing Storms



















Photo: (c) Jamie K. Reaser


I have opened all of my
doors to the oncoming
winter storm.

The wind howls lullabies
and the branches of the naked
sycamore flail
as it dances,
entranced to music
that I have long ago forgotten
how to drum up.

Dark grey clouds come
to me across the western ridge,
running southward
and then East.

My eyes follow their
intent to be somewhere
soon.

Should this be my prayer today?

This cleansing of my
inner landscape with your
mood of intolerance to
settled things?

Too much of me has settled, perhaps.

Settled for circumstances
smaller than I deserve,
for conveniences,
for momentary supplications
that rendered the next moment
without advent of utility
to the soul.

It’s interesting, really,
how much this life of mine
seems to need of your
surging body.

Somewhere along the way
I think we must have taken
each other as tempestuous
lovers
and I’ve failed to remember
it until now.

So maybe this will be my
prayer today:

That you open to receive me
in your throttling arms
as I take to the mountain crest,
offering to catch your tears
in my mouth and call out
the salty om that will most certainly
bring us together
in a familiar grip of longing.

But, no, I think not.

Today, today I want to
pray as the raven prays,
catapulting myself on the drama
manifest of your thermals
and gliding off to meet with
turquoise blue.

Today my prayer is for the
courage to leave
all the storms that no longer
serve me as stunned
wisps memorizing the
curvature of my back
as I depart.

The ancient bones of me have
rested long enough to have
learned the cadence of
tranquility.

This is the earth song that I
want to recall when the
winds gust within.

© 2012-2014/Jamie K. Reaser
Published in "Sacred Reciprocity: Courting the Beloved in Everyday Life" (www.hiraethpress.com)

(Feel free to share. Poetry is meant to move.)

12 comments:

  1. Wow - Oh my - Yes,Yes,Yes... "...entranced to music that I have long ago forgotten..." Let's have the courage to remember and dance! I love your song! :) christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Christine. May your tango with the Life be sublime. ;) Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. "This is the earth song that I

    want to recall when the

    winds gust within."

    Let this be my story, my heart's song,
    my prayer for today...

    I shall embrace each word! Especially,

    "Today my prayer is for the

    courage to leave

    all the storms that no longer

    serve me as stunned

    wisps memorizing the

    curvature of my back

    as I depart."

    Beloved Blessings to You Jamie!
    May your Prayer touch the many...
    Akasa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Akasa. A deep bow to you, and many blessings. Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning wisping squalls of thought soaring upon the wings of poesis...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you RMP. 'Squalls' - good word that. ;)
    Looking forward to spending some time exploring your work...

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh jamie i'm just seeing this, i LOVE IT! so moved/ so moving! love and bless you darling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the feel of evocative storm energy. Beautiful offering, Jamie. Thank you, sister. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Alyce. Much love to you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning, Jamie. "This is the earth song...". Beautiful. Deep bow, sister.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Jacquie. And a deep bow in return Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete