Saturday, December 22, 2018

Solstice Moon
















Photo: (c) Jamie K. Reaser


How come no one ever told me her stories?
Never said, “Look up there, see?” Why wasn’t
I birthed into awe?

I spent so much energy trying to shine, to
be the bright object of affection. But, I wasn’t.
And, I grew out of it.

Now I can see the obvious and grieve its
invisibility without a need to claim ownership
of it. This existence is enough for me
to know that I came from somewhere.

In the branches there are memories of birds,
but no birds, yet. Do you understand how
things change?

Oh, how lovely, the solstice moon. She lavishes
me with the bold textures of the face that
looks upon me. He has always looked down
upon me. And, I’m so grateful.


© 2018/Jamie K. Reaser
From "Truth and Beauty" (a work in progress)

Feel free to share

No comments:

Post a Comment