Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Sound of Snow















Photo: (c) Jamie K. Reaser

She asked me how to describe the sound
of snow falling softly in the mountains.

I stood among the flurries until the tears came,
until I couldn't stop them. Not even
if I’d wanted to,

and I didn’t.

And, after a good long while, I replied:

“You must let your heart break for want of love.

You must listen carefully when it does.

Whatever it is you hear then,

that is it;

That is the sound of snow falling,

softly,

in the mountains.”


~ Jamie K. Reaser, Author
Published in "Winter: Reflections by Snowlight" 

~  for Ann Dye  ~

Feel free to share

2 comments:

  1. One of my favorites, Jamie. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeffrey! It's always good to see your smiling face. ;)

      Delete