Saturday, January 18, 2014

I Will Choose a Bluebird















Photo: (c) Jamie K. Reaser

In the so-many-days-of-grey

            Winter

I will choose a bluebird as
my god.

It is not hard to do;

The heart has needs - like being pleased
by the flit-about presence of little-winged spirits
in meadow and wood,
how they can remain so cheery through it all.

I haven’t mastered that.

There’s a good chance, I never will.

Still, sometimes, I’ll give it a go.

But, mostly I’m a creature of seriousness
who wonders on things as a way of
finding the holy in the unspeakable truths.

Does this warrant an apology to my maker?

Maybe,

maybe not:

I have to believe that bluebirds
aren’t quite done
making us human.


~ Jamie K. Reaser, Author
From "Wonderment: New and Selected Poems"
A work in progress

Feel free to share

No comments:

Post a Comment