Friday, June 1, 2012

Taking a Walk















Photo: (c) Jamie K. Reaser


The turkey vulture’s rocking,
dihedral shadow crosses over me,
the road, the meadow, the mountains,
and a future
that can only be scripted
by those aspects of me
apprenticed to longing.

My feet proceed:
One, two, three four.
One, two, three, four,
Like someone has told them
that what is at the end 
of this journey is so 
worth the
effort.

Upon my approach,
a pair of brown thrashers rise
from their dust bath
cup,
emptying the Earth body
of their bodies.

I kneel and finger the
lingering warmth. 

Do they know that I look
upon their effort to rid
themselves of parasites
as a hand gesture of
the Beloved?

This is what it is all about,
isn’t it?

How we choose to See things.

© 2012-2015/Jamie K. Reaser
Published in "Sacred Reciprocity: Courting the Beloved in Everyday Life" (www.hiraethpress.com)

Feel free to share

2 comments:

  1. Nice, Jamie -- the essence of taking a walk. I especially like your kneeling to feel the birds' warm imprints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeffrey. You are kind. Honored to have you here.

      Delete