Monday, August 29, 2011

Longing















Photo: (c) Jamie K. Reaser

A poem/prayer offered up to my many Sisters
who have long been dancing with Longing


I have been waiting for you so long
that I have taken Longing as my mate,
consecrated in holy union
by the new moon and a great-horned owl
who received Her light upon white oak limb.

Dare you come to me in the flesh,
pray you know courting
as the bee knows courting,
buzzing sweetness to His floral love
for the consensual spill
of gold-dust pollen.

Pray you have walked with naked feet
so long upon this Earth
that you know how to caress the Feminine
in all her aspects and seasons.

Pray that you long to be received
with a hunger so profound,
and to this day insatiable,
that you know that your only
hope of soulful salvation is
bodily surrender to that which
will devour you.

I pray,
that in the moment of your arrival,
I know you as the
stranger who has long been
my familiar,

the scent after storm,
the voice on the breeze,
the face in the cloud at sunset.

I pray that I know myself
well enough
to stand
and stay
and acquiesce my fears
to a daring do heart.

Longing has been my ritual.

May loving bequest us,
each to the other,
and us in service of the world,
in the language of ceremony.

© 2011-2014/Jamie K. Reaser
From "Coming Home: Learning to Actively Love this World" 
To be published by Homebound Publications in October 2015


Feel free to share

No comments:

Post a Comment