Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sliver Moon















Image: origin unknown

Sliver Moon awakens me at 4:00am.

“What is it?” I ask.

She says, “Rise.”

That’s all, just “rise.”

I walk out the door and into the stickiness of night.

She’s in the East,
reclining on the horizon line,
skinny, even waif-like.

You can tell that she has the capacity
for voluptuousness,
a saucy fullness,
but she’s not embodying it,
not now,
not at this moment.

But, how she illuminates!

This fascinates me.

I could walk the mountain trails
without so much as a stumble
for the guidance she provides,

Yet so little of her is visibly present.

She has a good laugh
at my bewilderment,
remarking with an erudite chortle:

“As long as I claim
everything in Shadow,"
she says, "I am whole.”

Huh.

And I claim the Sacred Fool of me,
with a giggle.

Suddenly, I’m brighter.

© 2011-2013/Jamie K. Reaser
From "Sacred Reciprocity: Courting the Beloved in Everyday Life" (published by Hiraeth Press; www.hiraethpress.com)

4 comments: