Thursday, January 3, 2019

Something Dark
















Photo: (c) Jamie K. Reaser


If you have not been visited by something dark,
beg for it. This world needs your active grieving,
to feel into its voids and diminishments and
ache so heartedly for the absent that it has
a chance to appear, that it can remain long enough
to be considered nothing exceptional at all,
rather, an exquisite, glittering normal that bonds
our likenesses.

For me, it was a raven. It had given away its
song and I was set upon the task of finding it.
I got lost along the way and when I called out
to myself in the hope of being found, I suddenly
recalled that the raven is a well-known
trickster. It never had a song.


~ Jamie K. Reaser, Author
From "Truth and Beauty" (a work in progress)

Feel free to share

No comments:

Post a Comment