Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Childhood




















Art: Mark Collins
http://markcollinsfineart.com/


I thought I’d remember every little detail for the rest
of my life: the adventures, the games that we played and
where we played them. I thought these were life-long
friends. At the very least, certainly, I’d remember their names.

Childhood seemed so real.

***

That’s what the young impala and ox-peckers brought to mind.
There, at savannah edge, freshly on four legs, seemingly a bit
surprised and tentative to suddenly be a gazelle. “Wow! What’s
all this?” There in the company of four clown-colored birds clearly
intent on clowning around. I wondered what they were coming
to know of each other.

The moment seemed so holy.

***

Does your inner child still know how to run and jump as if 
she or he were some lanky wild creature new to the wonders
of this world?

“Oh! Wouldn’t that really be something?” 

“Oh! I so want to remember the holy by name.”



© 2018-2019/Jamie K. Reaser
Book collaboration in progress with artist Mark Collins

Feel free to share

No comments:

Post a Comment