Sunday, December 20, 2015

Winter Solstice
















Photo: (c) Jamie K. Reaser


Sometimes it is the growing darkness
that writes the lines. How foolish we
are to think that we are not bound by
this. The red bird and I are animals. You
would admit to this too, I think. Short days
make for short foraging. It’s not always
about food though. Sometimes, it’s about
finding something else vital that you need to
sustain you. Survive. Joy, for example.

I know people who are starving.

I put out seed for the birds. I have enough to
share and their joy is mine. That’s what the
short days are for – to realize that time is short.
We best receive what is offered and give joy.

“Come! Come! The feeder is full.”

The sun is rising. Make thoughtful haste. 


~ Jamie K. Reaser, Author
Published in "Conversations with Mary: Words of Attention and Devotion"

Feel free to share

No comments:

Post a Comment