Saturday, November 7, 2015

The Angels in My Head




















Photo: (c) Jamie K. Reaser


I have angels in my head.
They teach me to be a better human
than I would be if left to this rather
awkward task alone.

They say things like:

Stop!
Look!
Listen!
Here, now!

They give me a chance. They nudge me
into re-membering that there is a difference
between living and existing. Things exist.
I want to do better than that.

Sometimes they quarrel.
Quarreling angels make for interesting
company. Sometimes, there is just so
much good, so much loveliness, so much
wonderment to be experienced that
these angels feel the need to fight
for my attention.

I think this is what it means to be blessed.



~ Jamie K. Reaser, Author
Published in "Conversations with Mary"
Winner of the Nautilus Book Award silver medal for poetry

Feel free to share

No comments:

Post a Comment