Monday, August 17, 2015

Sunlight Streaming




















Photo: (c) Jamie K. Reaser


This morning
the sunlight said things
to me like, “Here. Come
here!” It pointed the way
saying, “Slowly and with
great joy.” It went on with,
“There is something around
this bend in the road just
for you.” I wanted to
hesitate. I know about changes
in direction. You might have
experienced a few yourself.
But, I kept going. And, the leafy green
trees around me were happy, and the gravel
below my feet was very happy. It made
sounds as I walked. And, there it was!
There around the corner
was the road ahead.
That is all.
The road ahead.
And, for the first time ever, I knew,
without doubt,
that was the road for me
to follow.

And, I took the next step. It was my own.


~ Jamie K. Reaser, Author
Published in "Coming Home: Learning to Actively Love this World"

Feel free to share

No comments:

Post a Comment