Monday, March 24, 2014

Awakening

















Photo: (c) Jamie K. Reaser

Everything
I see and hear
is some form of life, saying:

“I want to wake up.

I want to be alive again.

I have slept long enough in darkness.

I am here.”

The titmouse in its song.
The daffodil in its bloom.
The wood frog quacking in the pond.

On these early spring mornings,
I want to arise with active hope.

I want to exclaim, “Me too!”

And, I want to find moments under
the crisp vibrant-blue sky to wonder
about things that it can seem
so dangerous to wonder about in winter.

Like:

The possibility that we too can awaken
and save the world
that is ourselves simply

by showing up.


© 2014-2017/Jamie K. Reaser
From "Wonderment: New and Selected Poems"
To be published by Talking Waters Press 

Feel free to share

No comments:

Post a Comment