Monday, November 11, 2013

Attentiveness















Photo: (c) Jamie K. Reaser

This world is known only through attentiveness;
snails, their eyes circumnavigating on long stalks, 
are wise to things, and I think this
is also true of stones. On some days,
it can be me. But on other days,
I am lost to some other place and its speed-crazed trivialities.
If I believed in shame, I’d place it here.

Every tracker trains to move slowly,
but not all proceed down the trail re-membering
what they are searching for.
This makes a difference.

Tonight I’m just being still, and sitting with the realization that
I don’t yet know the pattern of lines running
the length of your palm.
It’s not for lack of interest,

It’s just that souls can take
awhile to  
say, “Hello.”
Eventually our hands will meet.
I have not forgotten.

~ Jamie K. Reaser, Author
Published in "Coming Home: Learning to Actively Love this World"
Feel free to share

No comments:

Post a Comment