Friday, November 18, 2011

The Unfurling













Image: Origin unknown (from Earthschool harmony's FB page)

Poem dedicated to Vara Dionne with gratitude for the inspiration

I cannot help but be moved
by the silent unfurling
of fiddlehead and
floral opulence.

What if I could come undone
with such beauty
and willful surrender?

Grace is the heart throb of the Beloved.

Let me speak with a tongue
of liquid pearls
and repeatedly turn mySelf
inside out
until my heart is evident to even
the weariest eye.

This, I feel,
is what it means
to unfold –
to risk to blossom
amidst a world of witnesses.

© 2011-2013/Jamie K. Reaser
Published in "Sacred Reciprocity: Courting the Beloved in Everyday Life" (www.hiraethpress.com)

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful Jamie. All I can say to all of that is "Yes".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you...and I'm so glad to hear you are saying, "Yes." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so beautiful.. I was thinking like a string of gems or pearls, each line.. then I got to the line,

    "Let me speak with a tongue

    of liquid pearls

    and repeatedly turn mySelf

    inside out

    until my heart is evident to even

    the weariest eye." <3 Wonderful..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, as usual, Jamie! You've taken a gorgeous image and adorned it with your words and your presence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeffrey. Your kindness is greatly appreciated. _/\_

      Delete