Sunday, April 10, 2011

Soul Lines

Photo: (c) Jamie K. Reaser

How do you know that I am not

your great grandmother

or that one day I will not be

your grandson?

Maybe I have been a camel

and you, a chimpanzee.

If I am ever a bird,

I pray that I am gifted

a far better voice.

They speak of the Seventh Generation –

Our need to protect this land,

these waters,

the air we breath

for them –

the unborn.

What if we are to be the Seventh Generation

come again,

re-birthed?

Am I stealing in this life from

the body that will

carry me in the next?

Two-legged?

Four-legged?

Finned?

I think it would be best if we

were all spiders

at least once.

Perhaps that’s what it takes

to understand

how interconnected,

delicate,

and miraculous

the web.

~ Jamie K. Reaser, Author


Published in Coming Home: Learning to Actively Love this World

Feel free to share

No comments:

Post a Comment