Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Solstice Moon















Image: NASA


She is there,
moved to western sky
round and red and full
like an areola at birthing
time.

I, on my front stoop,
am riding the planet
that casts her into shadow.

Some would say,
“for but a short while.”
Yet, it feels like the
time has been so very long,
so very long,
already.

I hear the drumming of ancients
in the meadow
by the wood.

Is it a beat of survival fears
or celestial celebration?

I check inside.

Both.

Memories arise
of the annihilations
we have witnessed.

I know where to find
the doorway
to Lemuria.

Memories arise
of the passionate love we
have made with
our heavenly bodies.

The burning bite of the
enthusiastic Sun
is of no comparison
to the patient, delicate
kisses of the stars.

Here now,
I am witness as she
surrenders -
taken and released
by darkness.

And I love Her
in afterglow
so strong it sets
the snow alight.

As the pinking fingers
make their way,
I wonder
if in this new radiant
light
of dawn

even the Creator
will discover something
never before seen.

~ Jamie K. Reaser, Author
Published in "Note to Self: Poems for Changing the World from the Inside Out" 

Feel free to share 

No comments:

Post a Comment