Sunday, November 7, 2010

Until We Meet Again















Image: (c) Jamie K. Reaser


The Autumn wind
across my bare cheek

reminds me of your touch,

the smell of leaves being loved
in their death –

your sweet life pungency
after a day of our hill walking.

The old Black Walnut grove
is barren, cadaverous

but in the ancient tongue
it speaks like ancestral Oak

beckoning me
to See.

And in the eye that knows
the lips of mystics and gentle men,

I watch the xylem pressure rise and
buds leaf into prayer position.

In the outstretched herbaceous palms
of the entire forest are written our

Lives lines.

I read the crossings,

knowing The Cross
as a symbol of alignment
of the Realms.

And I exhale from my heart,
mounting intent like a rider
upon the thermals.

I am everywhere,

Until we meet again.


~ Jamie K. Reaser, Author

Feel free to share

2 comments:

  1. Great words Jamie...Your gifts are working. The comment says the name of my new page, but it is from C.Victor Posing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Victor. I look forward to exploring your new page. Blessings to you...

      Delete