Tuesday, December 30, 2014

A Little Comfort
















Photo: (c) Jamie K. Reaser


I do believe that there are things out there
trying to get us to notice the miraculous.
There are choruses at sunrise, and colorful
mosaics – like stained glass windows –
crafted among the trees at sunset.

They say: “This is a house of worship.”

They say: “Listen. Look.”

They ask: “What is it that you have been praying for?”

And, I often sit with that question for quite some
time. I’ve prayed for a lot of things, usually not
realizing that I was praying at all. Usually, prayers
about brokenness – mine or someone else’s.

But now, I do choose to pray. Sometimes, silently.
Sometimes, through words shared with the world.
Never, big. Never, flashy. Often, I just want to bring
a little comfort to a soul – mine or someone else’s.

A poem can be a prayer.



~ Jamie K. Reaser
From "Coming Home: Learning to Actively Love this World"
Published by Talking Waters Press

Feel free to share

No comments:

Post a Comment